A Brother QL-710W or QL-720NW Label Printer makes badge printing from your iPad Receptionist a cinch. Once you have your printer, follow these simple steps to get set up with your new visitor management system in no time!
Step 1: Make sure you have everything you need
Your printer should have come with:
- A black power cord
- A grey USB cable
Step 2: Add the printer to your wireless network
- The Brother Network User’s Guide provides easy instructions for how to do this.
Step 3: Plug in your printer
- Insert the labels and plug in the printer using the power cord.
- Connect the printer to your computer using the USB cable.
Step 4: Run the Wireless Device Setup Wizard
- Visit the Brother support page and download the Wireless Device Setup Wizard tool:
- Follow Brother’s instructions to install the driver. You’ll need to select your Operating System and then install the Wireless Device Setup Wizard driver.
- Find the folder for your printer (either QL720NW or QL710W) and open the Setup Wizard application.
- Follow the instructions and sign into your WiFi. The code it asks for will be your WiFi’s password. Check the “WiFi” light on the printer. If it’s green, it means you’re connected.
Step 5: Connect your printer to your iPad Receptionist
- Press and hold the Cut button on the printer for five seconds and then release. It will print off four sheets of paper with diagnostic information about your printer. Find the printer’s IP address.
- On your iPad, go to Settings > The Receptionist App. At the bottom right, enter your printer’s IP address.
Step 6: Test out your setup!
- Sign into your iPad and print your first badge!
If you need any help setting up your printer, please call us at 888-315-5230 or email us at email@example.com. We’re here to help!