Update your Apple ID
We recently needed to change the password associated with our firstname.lastname@example.org Apple account. If your iPad has asked you for this password, we have two solutions for you:
Our recommended solution is to have you create your own Apple account and use that to re-install our application. This will ensure that you are not locked out of our account in the future if we need to change the password again. To do this, please use the following steps:
- Open the App Store application.
- Navigate to the Featured tab at the bottom left.
- Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page, and touch on the Apple ID button on the left.
- Touch the Sign Out button.
- You will now need to touch the Sign In button to be able to start creating a new account.
- Touch the Create New Apple ID button to bring up the new account form.
- Walk through the steps to create the new account. We recommend you use a distribution list email address if you can to ensure that the account is not tied to the personal email address of an employee who might not work at your company in the future.
- When setting up the account, Apple will ask to add a credit card to the account. This step is not necessary to download and use The Receptionist application. You can choose “None” when you’re asked for payment information. See what to do if None isn’t showing or you can’t select it.
- Once you have finished setting up your account, Apple will send a confirmation email. Find the email that Apple sent, click the “Verify now” link, and enter your password to activate your account.
- After you verify the account, you should now be able to sign in to the iTunes store on your iPad using your password.
- Press the home button or use a five finger swipe to go back to the home screen.
- Next, we need to remove The Receptionist application and reinstall it so that it’s no longer associated with the email@example.com Apple ID, but is instead associated with the new Apple ID you just created. Locate the “Receptionist” application and press and hold the icon until it starts wiggling and then touch on the “x” to remove the application. Press the home button to exit the wiggle mode.
- Open the App Store application, search for “the receptionist for ipad” and touch the Get button to download our application.
- Press the home button to get back to the home screen and then launch the “Receptionist” application. Congratulations, you are now running our application on an Apple account that is entirely yours!
The other solution is to continue using the firstname.lastname@example.org Apple account. The new password for this account is: RIABuser3. Please note that continuing to use this account could result in other password changes in the future, so we strongly encourage you to use this account only to get you by until you can setup your own Apple account.
We apologize for any inconvenience this change has caused you, but if you run into any issues don’t hesitate to contact us. We will be happy to help you out via phone at 888-315-5230, email at email@example.com, or chat on our website at http://thereceptionist.com.au.